Thread: Equipment for 180g advise needed

Equipment for 180g advise needed

I was recently given a pre-drilled 180g tank from an old fish buddy (I know, we all want friends like this right!!!). Anyway, it's been a long while since I've ran a tank with wet/dry filters and overlflows and I hate to admit it, but I'm long out of the loop for what to do to keep them running. All the plumbing seems to be there and in tact, buy I'm at a complete loss as what size return pumps I will need to use in a dual filter set up for a tank this size. Any suggestions on brand and size would be greatly appreciated. As a side note, I think my days of running reef and marine systems is long over (at least for the time being), so this will most likely be a fresh water set up, so the equipment does not need to be salt friendly.

Thanks in advance!

Jason

We ran a 180 reef tank for about 10 years, sold it 5 years ago now. I used 2 Mag 9 pumps for the main circulation through the sump. They lasted the whole time we had it, pretty durable pumps, just needed to clean the slime off the impeller once every few months. I'd suggest putting a PVC union near the pump in the plumbing so they can easily be removed to clean them.
    29G Biocube