Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reefer71's 240 Gal Build

Clownfish
    Fired the sump up last night and turned the DT into a big micro bubble

Not sure of exactly the problem, but the water into the DT isnt draining quick enough thru the Dorso. I tried opening the vent hole up a bit and didnt work so took the cap off and that didnt fix it either? The drain lines in the sump were also jumping around because of the huge air pockets in the lines.

I think that the DT may have to much water and is forcing the water down to much?

Hmmmm not sure but will play with it tonight to figure it out.
    240 DT with a 100 Gal sump

Clownfish
    I bought this skimmer and cant figure out the model, I need to find a manual to it or some help on the hook up....What does the green line goto?

Here is the 100 Gal sump

The DT

The skimmer is a Reef Octopus, it s a recirculating skimmer, what is the diameter? There are three models of pumps, according to size and power, 1,2, and a 3000
    You never know unless you ask,,

Clownfish
    So after some digging, is is an Octopus/Pacific Coastbrand
    RPS-2000 Octopus Recirculating Protein Skimmer with needle wheel impeller pump Diameter: 5.85"
    Height: 27"
    Footprint: 7.25" x 15.5" For aquariums up to 185 gallons.

So I have a Jebao DC-12000 that I might try to hook up to the water inlet and see how it goes.
    This paired with my old CPR SR 41 rated for up to 120 Gallons I should be good.

Clownfish
    So I still have a problem with water flow. I have the Durso system setup.
    I open the return valve more and the drain pipes cant handle it, it gurgles and major bubbles down in the sump. I pulled the durso pipes and placed valves on the drain lines, I could get a good balnce in the overflow box and it did make it super quiet but couldnt keep the tank happy as it was the water level changed to much and lookied like it was going to overflow.
    The way I have it now is the durso pipes back on, the return valve barely cracked, but there isnt enough force in the return nozzles in the tank.

Whats the next step to try?

I do have the Octopus skimmer running

Clownfish
    I found this and will have to try it Saturday

http://gmacreef.com/herbie-overflow-...method-basics/

Clownfish
    How does everyone build in a anti siphon from the return loc lines on a reef ready tank?
    My returns are below the water line and when the pump stops this will create a siphon

I drilled a couple holes in the elobow going to the return loc nozzles but it doesnt work

I am still battling micro bubbles coming from the sump, the baffles didnt work so I tossed in a couple pieces of glass

The Bernie system is working

Clownfish
    Well, things are getting better. Passed a power failure test, so I can sleep better at night.

Is any one looking for a Bi-Color Angel?
    I cant put him in the 240 as he is picking on everything.

President
    I think people drill a small hole in the locline underneath near the base so it kills the siphon when the water drops that far down, rather than siphoning from the end of the locline.

Clownfish
    The Loc Line Nozzles are 2" below the water line so I dont think that will work.
    I am going to buy the Loc Line Check Valve and have that as a back up - I Know

The other option is to somehow plug the hole where the Loc Line is and plumb the nozzles between the teeth on the overflow.
    If they only made PVC in blue.

I seriously need to unload the Bi-Color