Thread: Turnerd4's Coral Collection

Tang

Turnerd4's Coral Collection

In my seven years of being a Cincyreefer, I have yet to post a thread to the showroom section. So I figured, why not create one on a lazy Sunday morning like today. I have finally figured out ways to take better pictures of my coral with my phone. I have found that the closer the coral is to the glass, the better the picture. I plan on adding a few pictures each week until I have all of my coral on this thread. My tank is 180 gallons and is lit using 108 royal blue, blue, cool white, neutral white and violet Cree LEDs. I'll start with some of my zoas.

image.jpg
    "Green Corsets": started with 4 polyps around 2 years ago and now have 500-600 polyps.

image.jpg
    When I originally bought these, about a year and a half ago, they were sold to me as "Purple Hornets. They have since turned more blue and have lost 99% of the purple in their skirts. I have been told that they are not hornets. Who knows. All I know is that they're beautiful and are fast growers. Started with 20 polyps a year and a half ago and now have around 500 polyps.

image.jpg
    "Mind Blower Palys": Started with 2 polyps around 2 years ago and now have around 150 polyps. The skirts on these things are huge!

image.jpg
    "Utter Chaos": Started with 1 polyp 5 months ago and now have 13 polyps. One of my favorites.

image.jpg
    "Blueberry Fields": Started with 4 polyps around 2 years ago and now have around 400 polyps.

image.jpg
    "Is It Nippy In Heres": Started with 2 polyps around 2 years ago and now have around 500 polyps.

image.jpg
    "Magicians": Started with 1 polyp 5 months ago and now have 6 polyps.

image.jpg
    "Captain America Palys": Started with 1 polyp around 2 years ago and now have around 30 polyps. These are either slow growers or have not been in ideal locations in my tank.

I hope you all enjoy. I'll try to add more of my zoas early next week. If you have any questions, I'll try my best to answer them for you. Thanks for looking. Happy reefing!

Great pictures. Looks good
    Jims tank

Tang
    Pics don't do these justice. Very very nice setup with super healthy livestock!
    28 gallons of ocean!!!

Tang
    Thanks guys! I'm happy that I can finally get decent shots of my coral. I'm going to try to post more this week. I hope you guys have a great Monday!

Tang
    Looks great those zoas must be some happy critters growing that fast.

Tang
    Yea, they are growing like weeds, at least the ones that I have pictured.