Thread: UC Reefers 150g

UC Reefers 150g

Just figured I would post a link to some new really high res pictures I got of the tank. Its a 150g display 40g sump. Mostly soft and lps corals, but a few sps. The tank has been running about a year and a half.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/106220129@N03/

Fish:

2 Clowns
    1 Sailfin Tang
    1 Bengaii Cardinal
    1 Green Target Mandarin
    3 Lyretail Anthias'
    1 Blue Spotted Goby w/ Pistol
    2 Yellowtail Damsels

Others:

2 Red Bubble Tip Anemone
    1 Blue Tux Urchin
    1 Blood Shrimp
    1 Pistol Shrimp
    CUC

Equipment:

Skimmer: SRO 3000Int
    GFO/Carbon: BRS Jumbo GFO/Carbon combined
    Return: Mag-18
    Circulation: 4 Hydor Koralia 1400
    Lighting: ATI 6 Bulb T5
    Bulbs: 2 B+; 2 Actinic; 1 Purple +; 1 Coral +

Looks like a great start, I liked the width (front to back) of that tank. Give a lot of swimming room. What are the future plans for the tank?

Well as of today(plans changing on the daily ha) my plans are to plumb my spare 55g tank into the system. I want to turn it into a display grade refugium. Also I want to get two more tangs but i'm a little hesitant due to hearing bad stories about introducing more tangs to a tank with one really dom tang already there.

I also plan on getting more liverock (BRS Pukani most likely) for the right side of the tank, not b/c of aesthetics as much as just more room for livestock to hide/sleep. Iv noticed the anthias fighting a lot at the end of the night for the good spots ha.

And of course I plan on getting every peice of bare rock covered in beautiful coral... While I love the colors of sps I also really appreciate the flow and fluidity of soft and lps. Also compared to my sps' in the past they grow a lot better in my tank.

A little backstory for you guys. I just finally won a long and arduous war with cyano.. I blame bad husbandry, not changing rodi out, and not having my skimmer tuned in correctly for the cause but I think i'v learned a lot about how to keep the tank in good working order from the experience. I only lost a couple corals and my lawnmower blenny to the bacteria, but one of the corals lost was my favorite in the tank. It was a green/purple elegance coral(pics below) that my clowns were hosting, which made it that more devastating watching them attempting to host the corals skeleton before i got the the red bubble tip..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/106220129@N03/10427875966/