Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 220 Gallon Display (400 Total System)

I am glad to hear your getting the tank off the ground. The stand is looking pretty good already.
    Eric
    400 Gallon System
    118g Non-photosynthetic DT
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

Congrats on the progress...can't wait to see the build take shape!
    Scotty Rienschield
    My Tank: 80g Deep Blue 48x24x16
    40g Sump w/Reef Octopus Diablo XS200 & Refugium
    AI Sol Super Blue x 2
    My Experience: What Comes Before Beginner?

President
    Looking good Brad! That's going to be nice having all of that storage in the tank stand.

Worked on framing the sump room tonight.

Getting closer.

Brad

Well I got some more work done over the weekend. Started put the wall panels up in the sump room. Thanks to Jim, bob, Steve, Ashton, and Lawrence for helping me the tanks up stairs Sunday.

I also received my valves today. Hopefully this weekend I can start the plumbing. Next up install the overflow box and finish the sump room walls.

Pictures are always helpful.

Brad

see your shipment came in, theirs some time
    You never know unless you ask,,

yep i bet that plumbing what not cheap. Closed loops are all kinds of fun to plumb. Enjoy your holiday
    Eric
    400 Gallon System
    118g Non-photosynthetic DT
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

Quote Originally Posted by Trichome View Post
    yep i bet that plumbing what not cheap. Closed loops are all kinds of fun to plumb. Enjoy your holiday
    I actually found a really good deal on line. I was able to get 30 different single union ball valves (8 - 1 1/2", 10- 1", 4- 3/4", 8 - 1/2"), 10 unions (2 - 1 1/2", 2- 1", 2- 3/4", 4 - 1/2"), 20' - 1 1/2" Flex PVC pipe, and 10' - 1" Flex PVC pipe shipped for cheaper than I found anywhere else.

Plumbing has been fun. Working on getting on the pipe to fit using the least amount of fittings as possible to not have extra turns. I think I have it figured out and everything is dry fitted right now. I keep on looking at to see if anything needs to be changes before I glue it all together!!
    Brad

Was able to get some more work done today. Sump room wall up and started to move the tanks in.

Plumbing for the main tank roughed in and overflow installed. Can't wait to get water in this thing.

Brad

Figure I give an update with the new year. Was hoping to have the tank cycling by now but it has Been hard to work on the tank due to holidays, work and family travel and tons of events. Was able to get a lot done today. Plumbing for the upstairs is complete and tank set in place!! Still need to finish some trim pieces and side panels but waiting for water for the tanks to settle. Currently Working in the fish room on plumbing. I would say about 75% done. Going to finish it up tomorrow night and Friday and hopefully water test it this weekend. So far really happy with how it is turning out. No major changes from my original plan. Enjoy some pictures.

After this plan is to get the tank cycling while I work on the electric, lights and other misc items.
    Brad