Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Trichome's 400g System

Quote Originally Posted by TruRacr314x View Post
    Looks great! Nice DIY project...do you have any pics of the box before you installed it?
    You know what i do and forgot about them.
    Eric
    400 Gallon System
    118g Non-photosynthetic DT
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

Before

Gluing the glass together in two sections.

I used the nickles to raise the glass just a bit.

Dry fit.

Gluing it on to the back of the tank.

Side

Before i added more height tot the box.
    Eric
    400 Gallon System
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

Tang
    Cool stuff. Nice diy project

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

5 years of sun coral

3-30-2009

9-26-2009

2-20-2011

5-16-13

1-14-2014
    Eric
    400 Gallon System
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

Quote Originally Posted by Trichome View Post
    I finally got all the equipment i needed to make my automated feeder system for my 118g non-photosynthetic system thanks to the PA 11% off sale.

In this picture you can see the cords from two Hanna magnetic stirrer on the bottom and two cords on top from the dosing pumps and the 1/4 feed tubing. I had to drill holes from the inside of the refrigerator out the size of the wire. I had to cut each wire in half so i could fit the wire though the holes i drilled and then wire them back together. That part took the longest out of the whole project.

Here is a picture of the refrigerator in my closet.

This is the top half the refrigerator. You can see the two dosing pumps and the top half of the 1000ml beakers i use. I used industrial Velcro to hold the dosers in place and i have room to add two more units.

Here is the bottom half of the refrigerator. You can see the Hanna magnetic stirrers. The beaker on the left has a mixture of frozen cyclopeeze, rotifers and whatever else i have on hand. I currently do not use the second magnetic stirrer for the water.

HOW IT WORKS
    I have everything plugged into my Apex controller. Currently i am feeding the tank three times a day. When its feeding time I have my return pump set to turn off and the magnetic stirrer to turn on. Two minutes later the first dosing pump turns on and pumps about 150ml of food into the tank in 3 minutes. Right after that the second feed pump turns on and flushes the food out of the line. This is done for two reasons. The main reason is to keep the food in the tubing but not in the refrigerator from going bad and the second bonus byproduct is it will hopefully keep the food buildup in the 1/4 tubing to a minimum. I give the coral 30 minutes to catch as much food as it can and then the return pump turns back on.

I am now ready and able to keep even the most difficult of non-photosynthetic coral.
    Hey Eric any updates on how your automatic feeder is working? have you had to make any changes to it? I am interested in maybe setting one of these up on a smaller scale and remembered reading this a while back, I figured I would check up on you.
    Ricky Turner
    DO NOT MESS WITH MY FISH, OR WE WILL HAVE PROBLEMS!

Fat Head Dendro Video

Below is a short video I took of my Dendros shortly after the lights came on.

Here is a picture to go with it.

Eric
    400 Gallon System
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

I guess i am due for an update on this thread. Here is a mass bristle worm spawn that happened last night. It is great food for the filter feeders in my non-photosynthetic tank. All the corals seemed to be pretty happy about it.

Eric
    400 Gallon System
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag