Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Aquavista99's 400g SPS system (300g display/125g refugium)

Re: My new 300 gallon starphire SPS tank w/ 125 gallon refugium

Quote Originally Posted by gthorpe2
    I would love to see the tank once it's finished. I'm so drowling right now!!
    Once up and running, I would be willing to host a meeting for all Cincyreef members to see my setup in person (if there is enough interest). I am located within 5 minutes of Marine Solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by aquavista99
    Once up and running, I would be willing to host a meeting for all Cincyreef members to see my setup in person (if there is enough interest). I am located within 5 minutes of Marine Solutions.
    Even though that's a hike for a meeting, I'd vote for having a meeting at your place once the tank is established and you're ready for us.

This is going to be something.

BTW: you'll get great deals on our power buys if you're a member. (you don't have to attend meetings to benefit) With the amount of water you've got you're going to need a lot of salt for water changes - something we're getting a great deal on through Marine Solutions this month! (I know you've got some already to start with...)

--Ed

I am located within 5 minutes of Marine Solutions.[/quote]

That would be to dangerous for me!

Quote Originally Posted by docsky
    I am located within 5 minutes of Marine Solutions.
    That would be to dangerous for me![/quote]

Correction. I am located within 10 minutes of Marine Solutions. I timed myself today.

The stand and canopy is a custom order from John Thorman in Rhome, Texas. It is 100% solid oak. I had to assemble the stand and canopy in my basement otherwise it would not fit through my basement door. I also had to sand, stain and finish the stand and canopy myself. The stand is 38" tall by 3 feet wide and the canopy is 21" tall by 3 feet wide.

After being without power for over four days because of Hurricane Ike, I upgraded my emergency back up system. I will be running three of the four vortech pumps on battery backup units and I also purchased a small, very quiet gas generator for long-term power failures.

Planning ahead by already buying the generator! I like it, you are going to have an amazing system with all of this planning!
    - Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by drimo
    Planning ahead by already buying the generator! I like it, you are going to have an amazing system with all of this planning!
    The wind storms hit our area hard. I was lucky to borrow a loud gas generator from a friend, but my local law enforcement said I could only run it until 9pm each night. And at night, I had to rely on my existing two vortech battery backup units. It was a very stressful time and I burned several vacation days making sure my reef would survive, which it did. I hope I am better prepared for future power failures and/or disasters. The new generator is 2000 watts and will run at least one of my 400 watt halides, along with various pumps, and heaters, if necessary.