Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God and War

God and War

Do you guys think god forgives the average man who kills someone in a war?

King Neptune
    good question I have asked many people this and haven't gotten a straight answer
    Ron Paul for President '08
    http://www.ronpaul08.com
    "The Bloodless Revolution"

my opinion

i believe that if a man has a good heart and lives a good life outside of "war" and does nothing to dis-honor himself in "war" then he will have nothing to fear after death.

assuming he has done what the bible says one must do to enter heaven.

I think if you ask for forgiveness, then you will be forgiven.
    Missy Wilson

Save a drum, bang a drummer!

King Neptune
    but thats for christians and they believe in the 10 commandments and one of the commandments is thou shalt not kill. depending on the type of christian you are this might lead to a totally different subject of i.e. excepting Jesus or different degrees of sin

are there different degrees of sin or is each sin looked at equally?
    Missy Wilson

Save a drum, bang a drummer!

King Neptune
    back to the depends on your faith line. my personal belief is how can there not be degrees of sin? if jeffrey dalmer accepts jesus on his death bed and mahatma ghandi never accepted jesus because he was hindu (i think) would dalmer get into heaven and ghandi go to hell? if ghandi didnt go to hell where did he go? purgatory? i have come to find that there is not an answer for the soldier question. when i was in iraq i met a catholic cardinal emmissary and i asked him and a cardinal gave me the run around and avoided the question for 10 minutes! i dont think anyone knows the answer to this and i guess I will have to figure out when i meet saint pete

wELL i NEVER SEEN ANYTHING TO SUPPORT (cap lock lol) killing in the Bible. It's just the opposite. So no I don't think God forgives killing.

Also from my reading there is no heaven, there is the "New world"(Gods world) after armageddon. Satan will be caged for a 1000y after he has ruled since 1914.

Has a cot in the back Dolfan0925's Avatar
    God forgives sin. The 10 commandments were more to demonstrate what God expects of us, to demonstrate that everybody sins. Nobody lives their life without breaking a commandment. All sins may not be the same, but sin can't enter heaven. So everyone must ask forgiveness to get into heaven.

That's usually pretty universally accepted, it's how you are forgiven that everyone argues about.

God forgives those who ask forgiveness...God is incredible in his ability to forgive, we killed his son, and he still loves us, do not worry about what a Catholic Priest tells you, or Cardinal, I was raised Catholic and confirmed, but the church refused to marry me to my wife when I got out of college because I had attended an on campus Catholic Church during college and not my old neighborhood Church, and then when my Sister-in-law had twins but one was still born, the Catholic priest refused to baptise her dead son, because he had been born dead, but somehow they feel that abortion kills a life, how can you not baptise an innocent still born fully developed child because its wasnt born alive, and in the same breath say that an unborn child is a life? Catholics have some issues to work out....anyway, God and Jesus, as first about love and compassion..... and God understands that war is about survival, and protecting your faith, and family, and that when necessary killing has to be forgiven....besides isnt a life a life? How could killing a person be any differnent then killing say a deer with your car? I think GOD forgives, hes awesome....... DID you hear me thump my bible?
    Toby "Toast" Thorman,
    Not tired anymore, starting over feels good