Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: attaching zoo's

i thought no chemicals in any tanks.. super glue is a chemical that make things stick together fast. Hmm, wont salt eat up the glue?

Has a cot in the back Dolfan0925's Avatar
    Superglue is reef safe. The salt creep won't hurt the glue in the time it takes for the coral to encrust over the rock. Dunno the details, but it works. Everyone does it.

Snail
    I glued down some mushrooms to a piece of rubble the other day and it worked like a charm. However, how do I glue down a piece of rubble (like a zoo encrusted rock) to a piece of LR that I can't remove without tearing the entire tank apart? Is there a glue that will give me more than a few milliseconds to setup? The super glue I tried sets up virtually instantly underwater so it makes it hard to do

Has a cot in the back Dolfan0925's Avatar
    You can try superglue gel, and do it quickly. But I haven't glued anything to a big rock underwater.

Just a thought, why dont you just get some buckets, lower your water level down below where you want to glue...do your glueing and then replace your water, it wont hurt your corals to do that, I have done it in the past
    Toby "Toast" Thorman,
    Not tired anymore, starting over feels good

that works as long as you aren't trying to mount something in the bottom 1/3 of a 125 gallon tank!!!

Snail
    I just do it quick with the gel... It seems to work fine 4 me. Just make sure you don't glue your finger to the rock... I did that last week and it sucked... I tried to pull my finger off and ended up having a fragged zoo glued to my finger.
    http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w...roy/banner.jpg
    55g - 3 Clowns-Golby-Yellow Tang - LTA-Multiple Zoos and Palys-Sinulara-Toadstool Leather-Various Shrooms-SPS-Montipora-Star Polyps-Hammer-Frogspawn-Torch - 500w Metal Halide / T5 Combo

Clownfish
    There is a reef epoxy stick for putting rocks on rocks.
    Can be green or purple, doesn't matter which one you get it's all white in the middle but will turn to match rocks after time.
    Pam

Re: attaching zoo's

I bought some underwater epoxy at Home depot for $3.00 the other day have not used it but i think it would work nice for attaching stuff underwater.
    Eric
    400 Gallon System
    118g Non-photosynthetic DT
    180g Reef DT
    125g Sump
    75g Frag

Re: attaching zoo's

I just want to point out that this post was created in 2005, 3 years ago.