PDA

View Full Version : Need help on how to clean this Tank!!

P. Jibles
05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
Heyo!

Geeze its been awhile since Ive been on here, but Ive got a question for you all. I have a 12g nano cube that I used for a frag tank, and Im taking it apart and converting it into a planted/FW tank. Now, it is covered with old coralline algae that is caped on pretty good and with my tendonitist and torn up shoulders from swimming, I can only put in a good 10-15min of scrubbing before my arms are about to fall off. Ive soaked the tank with just water then scrubbed, but it doesnt seen to make it much easier for me. Should I soak the tank in vinegar/water mix (just run that through the filtration system back into the tank for a day) or what?

Any Ideas?
JB

30mini
05-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Vinegar is a good idea, and let it sit for a while, scrape some off, drain, repeat. Will take you a while to do, but it'll all come off eventually.

P. Jibles
05-06-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah thats what I planned to do, just checkin to see if it was a good/safe idea. Thanks Chris

30mini
05-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Just give it a good cleaning with some rubbing alcohol when your done.

Kris Zmurk
05-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Not to hijack your thread P, but since we're on the subject, what would be the best way of cleaning some powerheads that have all kinds of junk on them? Some coraline, some bubble and a little hair algea. I usually just pull them out and scrub them. Is there anything better?

Kris

30mini
05-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Giving them a soak in some vinegar will help. Just make sure to rinse it off really good before putting it back into your tank.

P. Jibles
05-08-2008, 06:22 PM
^
what chris said! and the junk in the tank is gone! time for some plants