PDA

View Full Version : lost corals

byrd
01-02-2008, 07:58 PM
what are some corals that you have lost? that has to be the worst thing about this hobby, the unexpected death of your inhabitants. i myself have lost two different types of torch, a candycane, a brain, and a montipora digitata that i literaly lost. he fell in some rock and i never saw him again.

P. Jibles
02-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Ive lost(yes I have a list :) ):

1 Acro Frag(Eaten by my Blenny)
1 Birdnest Frag(Bleached away)
1 Hammer Frag(Didnt let tank cycle long enough)
1 Monti Cap Frag(overrun by my algae outbreak)
1 Blue Zoa Frag(vanished into the depts off my rocks)
1 Anthilla Frag(Ian's fault :) hhahah)
3 Kenya Tree Frags(Ian's fault :) haha)

And thats it!
JB

only_mnh
04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
I lost my first blue mushroom. It got crushed by falling rock, and i never recovered it.

Duane867
09-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Hot pink Yuma and a brilliant dark red Yuma I paid over $150 each for 4 years ago.

aquaman7
09-02-2008, 10:55 AM
JB... It wasn't my fault [-X! My rubberbands just aren't good enough :lol:.

Trichome
09-02-2008, 11:39 PM
I try not to think about what i have lost. #-o

aquaman7
09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
Unfortunately, I've lost...

-A couple xenia frags (It's strange I just can't seem to keep xenia. My anthelia grows like a weed but xenia just seems to melt way.)

-A big 10" yellow finger leather that I had for around 3 years before it's demise. I had a mini-crash in my tank and it was the only actual fatality of the ordeal. I was pretty bummed though, because it was my favorite coral I had in the tank.

mlbarry
09-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I have lost a Kenya Tree (my anemone killed it)
I lost a red mushrrom (it wasn't attached to anything and drifted off to never be seen again)
An Anthelia (something ate it..not sure what)
A green ric that I JUST got this weekend (it was in a container in my sump waiting to be attached to my rock and it is now gone!)