PDA

View Full Version : News from my cousin in Israel

maddyfish
07-13-2006, 08:55 PM
My cousin Honi, currently living in Haifa, says the scuttlebut around town is airstrike soon in Syria, and Iran. That would probably mean the beginning of the big one.

Anybody else worried?

Rob
07-13-2006, 09:14 PM
That whole region of the world scares me.

andrewr
07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
I dont think there is much to worry about with the outcome of 6 day war 35 years ago. The Isrealis have our weapons and our attitude of 60 years ago...I think they will be fine. What worries me is that the U.S. might be holding them back for our own reasons which i think is wrong. If Canada and Mexico wanted us off the map then we wouldnt take the advice of the French telling us to chill out.

toastman
07-14-2006, 10:06 AM
I think Isreal is the sleeping Giant that we were in the last war, and I just hope we dont have to get involved right away, I am sure that WW3 has already begun, not with Isreal....and that with time we will look back at Sadam's invasion of Kuwaitt, as the beggining of the biggest glass bowl making event in the history of the earth, I just hope my kids have something to look forward to....thats why I hug them everyday, and take them to REds games whenever I can...life is too short...start living it now, or you wont live it ever

Russ
07-15-2006, 06:46 AM
That whole region of the world scares me.

Amen, brother.

maddyfish
08-05-2006, 11:09 AM
According to Honi, the popular sentiment around town, is to fight it out with the arabs now, before they are more powerful. I think they're tired of always being under fire, and they're taking statements from Iran seriously, that might mean that the cap may be off the nuclear bottle.