PDA

View Full Version : Xenia question?

BigRick08
05-23-2006, 08:19 PM
So I got a coral beauty today and a frag xenia. The coral beauty is doing fine, but I am just wondering how long do the xenia stay like shrivled up, like they are out but not big as they were before. I put them in there at 6:30 and its now 9:16. They are at the top of the LR close to the light with a little current going by them. All the levels are correct. Any advice would help, thanks!

philman
05-23-2006, 08:35 PM
Mine took a couple days to really start opening completely, they opened pretty much right away, but a couple days to really stretch out.

BigRick08
05-23-2006, 09:09 PM
what kind of lighting do you have and what size tank?

todd
05-24-2006, 06:27 AM
Xenia is tempermental and it takes a few days. It all depends on how it was handled during the transport and removal, etc. If it expelled a bunch of liquid it could be a week or so...don't put it in too much flow initially, just some gentle current until it gets acclimated. Plce it near rockwork you don't mind the xenia attaching to--it's happiest when it can move and stretch out...

BigRick08
05-24-2006, 06:42 AM
thanks todd! I will let you guys know the outcome.

scottcc
09-27-2006, 07:23 PM
I have a small xenia farm. Just takes a few days. give it some current and a little longer light cycle at first. I dose a little iodine. 1 drop per 10 gallons a every 3 days. Good growing. It is like crab grass once it takes hold