PDA

View Full Version : PETA

maddyfish
05-23-2006, 10:44 AM
I got kicked off Petlovers.com today for having a signature that is a quote from PETA president Ingrid Newkirk that reads "Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we ( PETA) would be against it."

Am I off base here, are all of you guys PETA lovers? I personally detest PETA, and consider them to be terrorists. Am I alone in the pet keeping community on this?

gobygoby
05-23-2006, 10:50 AM
PETA - those guys are nuts.

If you detest PETA why would you have that quote anyway? doesnt make sense. Tha quote (IMO) would suggest that you are in favor of PETA.

just my .02

andrewr
05-23-2006, 11:19 AM
Now you have touched on something that I am really interested in. Last year I wrote a report for college and followed it up with a letter to the IRS asking for a revocation of their tax-free status. Before 9-11 ELF (Earth Liberation Front) was the number 1 domestic terrorist group according to the CIA. ELF was responsible for all the bombings of those lumber yards up in the Pacific Northwest that did result in a few deaths and countless millions in damage. When the members that were responsible were found and put on trial--PETA PAID for some of their legal defense! Can you believe that?!? That was the gist of my essay and the letter to the IRS. Needless to say I didnt even get a response letter from them. I particularly hated PETA's ad campaign that had billboards with Holocaust victims on the left and chickens in a chicken farm on the right and the caption read "America's Holocaust". Its an interesting read about the founders trek to America after fleeing from Britain. I hate PETA and everything that they do to piss "normal" people off. They are just nucking futs.

Scott Wilson
05-23-2006, 11:35 AM
"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we ( PETA) would be against it."

I believe this was quoted to show just how far to one side of the issue they are.

gobygoby
05-23-2006, 11:40 AM
"Even if animal research resulted in a cure for AIDS, we ( PETA) would be against it."

I believe this was quoted to show just how far to one side of the issue they are.

I see that point. however, (to me) its unclear if maddyfish is against or for.

andrew - yes PETA are F'ing nut jobs :)

large_mouth_bass_1_each
05-23-2006, 12:39 PM
it seems some people focus on just a part of a statment...and in ur case...."animal research."

maddyfish
05-23-2006, 03:28 PM
In the context of the thread that got me kicked off, it was clear that I was against PETA.

gobygoby
05-23-2006, 04:20 PM
ok then maybe a moderator took things a little to personally and gave you the boot.

I dont see anything offending about the statement.

gobygoby
05-23-2006, 04:28 PM
MAddyfish,
holy crap dude.....

I just went over to pet lovers and read the topic that got you the boot.

IMO, THEY were way out of line to ban you! as I speculated they targeted you personally because of your hobbies, then they proceeded to make assumptions based on your hobbies.

Viva La NRA!

also, IMO, sounds like the people who opened their pieholes in that forum need a reality check....hunting = no affection/compassion for animals....give me a break!

I saw a video( which I wish I would have never seen) over on one of them free video hosting sites that would make PETA members go crazy!

lwalcott
05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Give us a link to the thread.

lwalcott
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
Nevermind I found it.

Rungeg
05-23-2006, 05:21 PM
http://forums.petlovers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=16391&highlight=maddyfish

philman
05-23-2006, 07:28 PM
The best statement made in that whole thread was "this is something Adolph Hitler would have done"...No, that "IS" what Hitler did, tested on humans, daaaaaaaaaaa

crazyelece
05-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Every true animal lover knows what PETA truly is and views them as "nucking futs". Thier antics do more against the environment than what they condemn.

andrewr
05-23-2006, 10:46 PM
well next time one of those "trolls" log on here we should ban them and slap ourselves on the back and say "thank gosh we got rid of that silly troll" lol
fish 100
trolls 0

maddyfish
05-24-2006, 11:21 AM
Well, at least I'm not the only sensible animal lover out there.

The funny thing is, every time I turn around somebody is comparing me to Hitler, both on the petlovers thread and on a reef central thread about hybrid clownfish, and other times.

I AM JEWISH.

I guess that's what the world fears most: a well armed sensible jew.

andrewr
05-24-2006, 02:58 PM
The funny thing is, every time I turn around somebody is comparing me to Hitler, both on the petlovers thread and on a reef central thread about hybrid clownfish, and other times.
I AM JEWISH.

Hitler was part Jewish too :P