PDA

View Full Version : Duck Season! Wabbit Season!

Dolfan0925
02-13-2006, 08:58 AM
http://www.bryanmcmillin.com/lawyerseason.jpg

Dolfan0925
02-13-2006, 09:05 AM
http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/06.02.12.SittingDuck-X.gif

gobygoby
02-13-2006, 09:15 AM
hehehe, I just heard about this in the radio this morning. Dicks "personal" ambulance drove the man to the hospital.

idiots....with guns... :shock:

large_mouth_bass_1_each
02-13-2006, 11:36 AM
personaly, Im waiting for "BUSH SEASON", the bolt ation 700, carbon 1 mod, with tactical scope, is clean, well oiled, and ready to ROCK!

Dolfan0925
02-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Maybe we should add to the rules "No advocating presidential assassinations"...

large_mouth_bass_1_each
02-13-2006, 12:00 PM

:lol: now se there u go again....didn't u read SEan's post about,

Post subject: Flame Wars: Before you get mad, read this...

it's all just a personality trip, some read things into others statements in emails and so on, because they are trying to figure out the real meaning of what is said cuzz of perseption of tone.

"
I've only a 50-50 chance of ascertaining the tone of any e-mail message. The study also shows that people think they've correctly interpreted the tone of e-mails they receive 90 percent of the time."

So for me, I tend to try to make something funny or laugh at a situation that is painful, concerning, or unacceptable due to lack of power to due anything about it....

but if ya really wanted to know if I would be happy to get up one day and hear of an assassination, wel u would have me there! :lol: I'd have to say, "It would make my day!"

rrings
02-13-2006, 03:51 PM
:lol:

Being an avid hunter myself I just can't imagine how this would ever happen in any of my hunting parties. Someone was not practicing safe hunting practices. The funny thing is I heard a quote from the ranch owner that the accident was the fault of the guy that got shot! Uh...while he may not have followed procedure in telling the VP he was coming up behind him, the shooter has the ultimate responsibility for where his shot goes.

Maybe tricky Dick needs to get an NRA lobbyist to run him through their excellent safety course again.

Dolfan0925
02-13-2006, 04:01 PM
:Uh...while he may not have followed procedure in telling the VP he was coming up behind him, the shooter has the ultimate responsibility for where his shot goes.

So if you were hunting for deer and I ran thru the woods with some antlers it wouldn't be my fault at all? It's the fault of both, it's an accident, happens from time to time. It's EVERYONE's responsibility to make sure that the guy shooting knows that they're there.

Dolfan0925
02-13-2006, 04:12 PM

:lol: now se there u go again....didn't u read SEan's post about,

Post subject: Flame Wars: Before you get mad, read this...

it's all just a personality trip, some read things into others statements in emails and so on, because they are trying to figure out the real meaning of what is said cuzz of perseption of tone.

"
I've only a 50-50 chance of ascertaining the tone of any e-mail message. The study also shows that people think they've correctly interpreted the tone of e-mails they receive 90 percent of the time."

So for me, I tend to try to make something funny or laugh at a situation that is painful, concerning, or unacceptable due to lack of power to due anything about it....

but if ya really wanted to know if I would be happy to get up one day and hear of an assassination, wel u would have me there! :lol: I'd have to say, "It would make my day!"

The comment was made to try to kindly infer that even though there is a politics forum, it will be heavily moderated. And while we realize that you're not actually cleaning a gun to kill the president, it was in poor taste. So in jest or not, lets try to keep the death threats to a minimum, towards anyone.

gobygoby
02-13-2006, 04:13 PM
:2guns: :dancin:

what about towards banana's? afterall we eat them anyway? :D

lwalcott
02-13-2006, 04:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v491/lwalcott/lawyerseason.jpg

gobygoby
02-13-2006, 04:46 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rrings
02-13-2006, 05:07 PM
:Uh...while he may not have followed procedure in telling the VP he was coming up behind him, the shooter has the ultimate responsibility for where his shot goes.

So if you were hunting for deer and I ran thru the woods with some antlers it wouldn't be my fault at all? It's the fault of both, it's an accident, happens from time to time. It's EVERYONE's responsibility to make sure that the guy shooting knows that they're there.

1. I will never shoot at a running deer. Too easy to wound them and never find them, resulting in an extremely painful, prolonged death for the deer. Deer hunting ethics 101.

2. I have not, would not ever shoot at antlers without seeing a deer underneath them. Many hunters take a set of antlers out with them to rattle for bucks.

3. I have not, will not ever shoot at anything that I cannot fully identify. This is how people get killed when hunting.

4. I cannot, especially when hunting public land, expect everyone to announce their presence, especially during deer season, because these animals rely on their sense of hearing to detect predators. Many hunters "stalk deer" and can be amazingly quiet when walking through a forest covered with dried leaves (not me lol).

Quail hunting can be a lot like rabbit hunting, lots of action in short bursts with critters going in a million different directions. I have done a lot of rabbit hunting and have never seen anyone get shot or come close to being shot.

Just my humble opinion that in darn near any hunting situation the shooter is always at fault. This does not absolve the shootee of responsibility but the person squeezing the trigger MUST bear the responsibility of having a clear fire zone.

I may be right or wrong but I know I will never take a questionable shot that may injure someone.

:soapbox:

:mrgreen:

large_mouth_bass_1_each
02-13-2006, 07:06 PM
It's funny, if it were any of us on here that accidently shot anybody for any reason in a hunting accident we would be charged, convicted, and sentenced. So its interesting that this seems to have taken another angle were the shooter has no liability. "If your political, your not responsible." :shock: Well that goes to follow, it further makes my point. I really don't have to put any thought into this one, it speaks for itself! :P

surgeonfish
02-13-2006, 09:15 PM
It's funny, if it were any of us on here that accidently shot anybody for any reason in a hunting accident we would be charged, convicted, and sentenced.

Democrat, Republican, Green Party and Independent included.

People are very quick to judge when it helps there interest but so reluctant when it hinders.

Accidents happen in every sport. If Harry Whittington had say... blocked the plate in the 1970 all-star game and VP Cheney had come barreling into home for the game winning run in the 12th inning we'd be talking about how to get him into the hall of fame. Wouldn't we?

The gun law issues for the most part aren't over people who want to hunt bambi. They are over the people who want to hunt bambi with an AK-47. The gun rights activist seem to want to carry the right to bear arms issue on the shoulders of being able to hunt. The real reason to bear arms stated in the Constitution is to overthrow an unjust government, I think we all realize this wouldn't go over very well in the media.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Take into consideration the time in history it was written and the 230 years that have passed since its been written. It's remarkable that nearly all of the constitution and bill of rights are still our core values today.

Damn I'm opinionated in my old age, and I don't even own a gun!

crazyelece
02-13-2006, 10:44 PM
Being a hunter and growing up around all sorts of guns, I have to agree that the responsibility belongs to the person pulling the trigger. That being said accidents do happen and if it were anyone of us we would not be criminally prosecuted and to believe so is foolish. Civil prosecution on the other hand is a different story.

large_mouth_bass_1_each
02-13-2006, 11:09 PM
The gun law issues for the most part aren't over people who want to hunt bambi. They are over the people who want to hunt bambi with an AK-47. The gun rights activist seem to want to carry the right to bear arms issue on the shoulders of being able to hunt. The real reason to bear arms stated in the Constitution is to overthrow an unjust government,

this hits he spot, they are worried cuzz they have a guilty conscience!

rrings
02-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Truthfully, a lot of accidents like this one, where someone is hurt but not killed don't end up with any criminal prosecution, at least not for the accident. Cheney got cited becuse he didn't buy a stamp (I think it was a stamp) but not because of the accident.

Nice, the VP is a poacher :lol: :lol: :lol:

Then again, there are so many freaking stamps, certs, etc. you have to buy to hunt birds who the hell knows if you have everything. Thats why I stick to the four legged critters for the most part.

On the gun control issue:

I will start by stating that I own 12 guns.

I think that the whole issue is warped by the extremists on both sides.

The NRA believes I have the right to own a full-auto SAW for home defense.

The Gun control lobby believes children shouldn't play with cork guns.

The 2nd amendment is to provide for the overthrow of the government, however it was written in a time when even cartridge rifles did not exist. In the times when the 2nd amendment was written, the best man in the army MIGHT be able to fire 4 times a minute. I can fire my semi-automatic .22 cal rifle 15 times in less than 10 seconds. In those days population was not nearly as dense as it is now, everyone needed a gun at home to deal with Indians and wolves/bears etc.

On the other hand, no one has the ability to take away my right to own a gun. I have no problem whatsoever with licensing, testing and tracking of gun owners. I think the problem is great enough to warrant that. However, if I can prove that I am able to hit my target, have taken appropriate safety courses etc. you cannot keep me from getting a gun. 8)

Finally, the NRA is right, we HAVE to do a better job of enforcing the laws on the books. Unfortunately, when the government does try to enforce those laws they get shot up, then they get lambasted by the NRA for being "jack booted thugs".

large_mouth_bass_1_each
02-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Truthfully, a lot of accidents like this one, where someone is hurt but not killed don't end up with any criminal prosecution, at least not for the accident. Cheney got cited becuse he didn't buy a stamp (I think it was a stamp) but not because of the accident.

".

I'm surprized to hear someone say this....

Haven't you heard all the stuff in the media about, "accidents, these people need to held accountable." Over the past several years, there has been a big surge in the people who get into an accident are charged criminally wether is was an accident or not...you are still accountable!!!!

it doesn't matter if its auto or anything else, if someone dies someone is responsible and held accountable!!! And if its gun related then that's even more reason to jump on the band wagon, especially if its in tune with your adjenda!

The dictionary...
Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Main Entry: ac·ci·dent
Pronunciation: 'ak-s&d-&nt, -s&-"dent; 'aks-d&nt
Function: noun
1 : an unfortunate event resulting from carelessness, unawareness, ignorance, or a combination of causes
2 : an unexpected bodily event of medical importance especially when injurious <the paralytic accident occurred between the 8th and 21st day after the initial injection —Journal of the American Medical Association> <a cerebral vascular accident>
3 : an unexpected happening causing loss or injury which is not due to any fault or misconduct on the part of the person injured but for which legal relief may be sought —ac·ci·den·tal /"ak-s&-'dent-&l/ adjective —ac·ci·den·tal·ly /-'dent-lE, -&l-E/ also ac·ci·dent·ly /-'dent-lE/ adverb

its been in the media for several years now, the prosocuter said right on local news, people still need to be held accountable for their actions, so I guess when u have an accident, this doesn't excuse responsibility!!!

If your driving down the road, and someone runs out in front of u and gets killed, and ur standing there thinking its just an accident and ur not going to have a prob here, ur liable to find yourself in for a very rude awakening! some searching on the interent should bring up enough info to prove this.

Dolfan0925
02-14-2006, 01:01 PM
While the news may be saying stuff about hunting accidents and everyone needing to be charged, the news agencies are actually not a branch of government, therefor they cannot create laws. You may want to call your local congressperson to get the law changed.

It would probably make more sense to everyone if you would just reply, rather than editing your post 15 minutes after mine.

rrings
02-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Ohio is actually pretty good at getting folks who screw up and shoot someone but it is SO hard to determine (legally) who is at fault in a shooting incident. It just seems like many times (most?) the folks who end up shooting someone also did not follow the laws whether it be licenses, hunter orange requirements or sunrise/sunset so they get a ticket for poaching (which can have hellacious repercussions btw).

Like I said before, I take total, absolute responsibility for the ultimate resting place of any bullet coming out of my guns, the lawyers may have a different idea but who cares what they think anyway :twisted:

Hunting accidents always make big news because they are often gruesome, like a guy has an arrow stuck in him or the shooter kills someone they know (brother killed a brother in Athens Co. Ohio this year, 13 years old I think). The kid in Athens got cited for hunting after dark I believe, I can't seem to find out if he was charged with manslaughter.

Lastly, to clear up any possible misconceptions, I do not think Cheney should have been charged with anything because of the shooting based on what I have heard about it. I just thought it was funny that the ranch owner blamed the dude who got shot. Equally as funny is the press hounding McClellan because they didn't know about the shooting for 24 hours. :roll: I mean come on, it isn't like he is setting energy policy.....

crazyelece
02-14-2006, 08:32 PM
I have to admit that gun rights is a big part of my beliefs. I believe the only gun control law that actually deters crime is the concealed carry law. The only control gun control laws provide it to take guns out of the hands of legal gun owners and put more guns in the hands of criminals.

The dictionary...
Source: Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Main Entry: ac·ci·dent
Pronunciation: 'ak-s&d-&nt, -s&-"dent; 'aks-d&nt
Function: noun
1 : an unfortunate event resulting from carelessness, unawareness, ignorance, or a combination of causes

The carelessness, unawareness, and ignorance part of this definition is what makes an accident fall into civil court and not criminal because there was no malicious intention.

I agree that it is unfortunate and it just adds another statistic to the gun control nuts' list.

rrings
02-16-2006, 10:34 AM
Just wanted to give kudos to Cheney for saying the right thing:

"Vice President Dick Cheney rejects any notion that his victim bears any responsibility for the shooting accident that turned a weekend hunting trip into trauma. "I'm the guy who pulled the trigger and shot my friend,"".

andrewr
02-16-2006, 10:56 PM
http://media.putfile.com/Bob-Rivers---Cheneys-Got-a-Gun

lwalcott
02-16-2006, 11:54 PM
That's great. :D

moeller17
06-14-2006, 12:24 AM
I visit this site almost every day and just realized there is a Politics and Religion forum. This is Great. Cheney's an idiot. Every avid hunter and competent gun owner knows that you confirm your target and then make sure you have a clear shot. He should be charged with failure to operate a fire-arm and loose all gun privledges. Yea it might be an accident but shooting someone is one you can't make. As for the ranch owner who said it was the other guys fault. BS how much was he paid? You should be able to walk through the woods with a set of antlers without being shot. But unfortunately there's an idiot out there that will piss down his leg and fire at you. By the way I have killed bambi with an AK but prefer to use a deer rifle because it's a lot more accurate and deadlier.
Dolfano's right the news is not a branch of government, they don't make laws but they sure get paid to influence your decision.

large_mouth_bass_1_each
06-14-2006, 01:12 AM

large_mouth_bass_1_each
06-14-2006, 01:18 AM
8)

toastman
06-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Is it just me, or does anyone else wonder what Largemouth's bar code has to Ethiopians? And did you really say you would be happy if our President were Assassinated? Holy Spikoli, someone call the Feds........ The death of any president is a sad thought.....so you are saying that you want Cheney in charge? :shock:

large_mouth_bass_1_each
06-14-2006, 01:40 AM
lol the bar code is a pic of people standing next to each other, some thinner than others.

as far as Cheney in charge, well we could put O.J. in charge...it couldnt get any worse!