PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish Order - Anyone want any?

Greg
11-04-2003, 09:02 PM
For those who already said they wanted some, repost here so I can keep track of it. Below are a few estimate prices if anyone is interested (with shipping/pickup at my house)
Small is listed as 1 - 1.5 inches. I also want to make it clear that I do not gaurantee anything including size and health since these are not mine. They are all CB so I assume there will be no issues. For most fish, medium seems to be about $2 more and large seems to be about $4 more than small.

GS maroon - $9.75 each (small)
Ocellaris or Sebea - $8.50 (small)
Most other clowns - $7.50 each (small)

There are a few gobies and dottybacks if anyone would want one. I would like anyone that wants one to post by Nov. 10.

CincyFreeze
11-04-2003, 10:38 PM
Greg:
Put me down for 2 GS Maroons for sure! (small) Also pick up at your house will be no problem for me...

-Jeff-

Miller357
11-04-2003, 11:07 PM
Put me down for 1 Gold stripe

DUFFY
11-05-2003, 10:13 AM
I would be interested in adding a mandrin goby and posibly a dottyback. Let me know which ones they have available or of a site I can go check out. I already have a mated pair of GS maroons. (these guys are nippy.... FYI)

Greg
11-05-2003, 11:34 AM
There are not mandarin's on the list, basically they are just cleaner gobies, both the blue striped and the gold striped. There are two types of prawn gobies but I do not know what those are anyway.
The dottybacks include neon, orchid, and blue-striped. Each of the dotty's seem to average about $14

Tracie
11-05-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm in for a small false perc. I've got a prawn goby in my reef tank... still looking for a prawn though!

Greg
11-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Tracie,

They have a Cryptocentrus cinctus (Yellow/Blue Prawn Goby) and a Cryptocentrus lutheri (Luther's Prawn Goby) incase you want either of these two type of prawns

Tracie
11-06-2003, 09:30 AM
Do they sell the shrimp, or just the goby? I have the goby, but haven't found a pistol shrimp to go with him.

JugglerDave
11-06-2003, 09:45 AM
Tracy: Whats the pair you're talking about?

Greg: Is there somewhere that I could see the list?

Dave

Kelley
11-06-2003, 01:19 PM
I'd like one small GS Maroon Clown.

cincybob
11-06-2003, 02:51 PM
I might be interested in a pair of GS. Where are we ordering them from?

Greg
11-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Bob, We are ordering them from a commercial CB breeder from Florida :wink:

Dave, the ones listed above are about it, I have only left about 6 fish off the above lists and they are ones I do not even know what they are. If you want the list, I can send you that list, just email me.

Tracie, They do not sell inverts but I think pistols can be picked up pretty easy at LFS (I do not think they are CB). Tracie, what kind of pair do they make, I am unfamilier with that concept?

CincyFreeze
11-07-2003, 09:21 PM
Dave:

I think Tracie was refering to the relationship between the pistol shrimp and the goby... Heres a site with some info on the two. They are really interesting.

http://www.astec.ac.uk/staff/goudket/Re ... efGoby.htm (http://www.astec.ac.uk/staff/goudket/Reefgallery/ReefGoby.htm)

-Jeff-

Greg
11-08-2003, 01:14 AM
Jeff,

That would be a neat little thing to watch. Of course, its no clownfish/BTA relationship but then again....nothing is :lol:

Greg
11-08-2003, 09:16 PM
Okay, I am going to order this week so below is what I have from everyone. If anyone wants to change the order, please let me know by Sunday evening (11-09-03). I am hoping to have them by the end of the week. I will keep you updated when I know the shipment date of delivery.

CincyFreeze - 2 small GS maroon
Miller357 - 1 small GS maroon
Tracie - 1 small ocellaris
Kelley - 1 small GS maroon

CincyFreeze
11-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Greg:

I have to agree, the clownfish/BTA relationship without a doubt takes the cake! Also, Im looking forward to my new GS Maroons!

-Jeff-

JugglerDave
11-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Greg,

I don't know if this is too late. Please add a lawnmower to my order even if its wild caught.

Juggler Dave

Greg
11-10-2003, 10:00 PM
Dave, They do not carry LMB's but it is too late anyway. I did get your three dotty's

For everyone else, the fish will be here Thursday.

Greg
11-11-2003, 05:03 PM
Ok guys, the fish will be here on Wed. morning but I have to leave at about 2pm so if anyone can make it earlier, I can give you the fish you ordered. If you can't make it, it is no big deal, I have several tanks that will be empty in my system and I will hold/feed them until a later date. I will be home Thur. and Fri by 3pm so either day will be fine too. For anyone who lives over on the westside of town, I will be at Brians on Sunday if you would like to pick it up there (at a set time since it will be bagged and he most likely does not have storage space). For anyone who would like to pick it up at my house, please email me so we can set up a time. Can you figure out my email address?

CincyFreeze
11-12-2003, 02:30 PM
Greg,

I just wanted to say thanks for putting together this order. My 2 new GS Maroons are doing great, and have already ate flakes... For those who havent got there clowns/fish yet from Greg, they all look fantastic!

Greg
11-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Jeff,

Seeing how you treat those poor fish.... I am surprised they are doing so well :D

I am glad they are both doing well. Have the hosted in any corals yet? I have a false perc that tries to host in my xenia.

Miller357
11-12-2003, 09:03 PM
How's my little gold stripe doing.

BTW thanks for putting the order together. I could pick up those black stripes for you if you want.

Greg
11-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Brian,

The GS are doing well. I forgot that GS do not show their gold until they get older so now they look like WS. Jeff said his are already eating and settled. I only lost one red saddle in shipping but all the others are doing really well. One inch fish are smaller than I thought...but its okay, they grow.
I would like those black perc's. Do you mind to hold them until Sunday? If not, please do pick me up the pair.

JugglerDave
11-12-2003, 09:36 PM
Jeff are you abusing the fish again? I couldn't tell for sure, but gregs post left me wondering.

dave

Greg
11-12-2003, 09:46 PM
His new screen name should be Juggling Jeff. Except unlike a real juggler, he does not catch them.
Actually, he accidently dropped one of the little fishes but it was fine because it was in a bag/water.

JugglerDave
11-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Are you sure "Dropper Jeff" did it accidently?

Juggler Dave

PS Hey Dropper my wife bought an Abu Duff Duff night light for our son's room.

Greg
11-12-2003, 10:05 PM
Actually.... I think it was by mistake... if it had not been his fish, I would say he did it on purpose for sure. I would not let him hold your child anytime soon :lol:

JugglerDave
11-12-2003, 10:07 PM
hmmm.... well not unless I want my child on the floor or in the back yard. I really wish dropper was on line to participate in this. Oh well it'll be fun tomorrow when he sees this.

Juggler

CincyFreeze
11-12-2003, 11:02 PM
LOL! alright, so i suppose I should explain myself... The bag was wet, and slipped right out of my hand! Yes my GS Maroon hit the kitchen floor, and yes I felt horrible... However that Sergent Major had it comming! (Dave/Brian you know what I'm talking about) As far as im concerned he went to a better place.

Back to my Maroon, despite a little brain damage he is doing great! Ill keep you updated for any signs of post tramatic stress from meeting the kitchen floor.

CincyFreeze
11-12-2003, 11:06 PM
and lets drop the "Dropper Jeff" thing... I would like to think, I treat ALL my fish and corals with the upmost respect! Well most of them.

Greg
11-12-2003, 11:23 PM
Yea, Dropper Jeff might be a little much.. we will settle with Juggling Jeff. :lol:

By the way... it was not the kitchen floor but the living room floor... which to my son is like the kitchen floor since he eats off it. :wink:

The maroon will be fine.... I am not sure how you throwing him in your filter pump for entertainment will do for him though.

JugglerDave
11-17-2003, 08:47 AM
Tracy & Greg,

I'm available all morning if you'd like to get your clown. He's beautiful with rich dark color. I'm taking good care of him, he's in my refugium and I'm feeding him there. He's also very personable and will come to the glass to see you. Drat maybe I could slide you a false perc and keep him.

I hate it when I get fish envy!

Juggler Dave http://www.jugglerDave.com

Tracie
11-17-2003, 10:21 AM
We're both working until evening. Will you be around then? Actually, the other clown I have is a false perc, so I'm okay with that too :D

Thanks for holding him for me!

Tracie
11-17-2003, 10:25 AM
I had forgotten about this thread and just noticed it again. (Thus, the reason I was confused about the fish being in!! :roll: ) hehe

Just thought I'd share... my son once dropped a bag of cories in Home Depot and it exploded upon impact (the bag, not the cories). Not a pretty sight... they all ended up surviving though, somehow....

JugglerDave
11-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Are you free any morning or early afternoon? otherwise thursday evening I'm free.

Dave

Tracie
11-17-2003, 02:14 PM
We're both on our way to work by 8 or 8:30. (Some days Greg leaves a little later, but is gone by 9-ish.) I work until 6 in Mason and have to pick the kids up in Mt Washington on the way home, so I'm not in until 7-ish in the evenings. (Loooooong days!) Thursday will be okay, if you can hold it for that long.

Question.... are we going to have a problem putting a true perc and a false perc together?

Greg
11-17-2003, 08:17 PM
Tracie,

The answer is no, they interact and breed well together also. Next, the clown I have for you (Dave has now) is a false perc also.

I am sorry I did not know your kids were in MW, I am about 2 miles from Beechmont (even though I am in Anderson) and it would not have been a hassle for you to pick it up here since you are out here everyday.

....by the way, dont forget my $8 when I see you :D

Tracie
11-18-2003, 10:06 AM
I won't forgot, I promise! (You will be at the meeting, right?)

JugglerDave
11-18-2003, 02:28 PM
oops I thought it was a true, but I guess I'm wrong. He is really beautiful though and I'm sorry that our scheduals don't seem to jive well. If it makes you feel better he seems happy and is probably decimating my refugium.

Dave

Greg
11-18-2003, 03:29 PM
Tracie,

I will be at the meeting. Dave, it is easily to mix them up the only reason I knew the difference is because the true perc's that I got from this place was much lighter than the false percs.

Tracie
11-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Dave,
I really do appreciate you holding him for us, I'm sure he'll be spoiled by the time we get him ;-)

JugglerDave
11-18-2003, 03:55 PM
thats funny i guessed he was a true b/c he's much darker than my false perks.

tracy&greg: no problem
dave

Greg
11-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Yes Dave, they are darker than you will find most false percs to be. They become a little less dark with age but will keep that bright orange color instead of fading a little like the true percs.